Refer-a-friend contest rules and regulations
Rules and Regulations This draw (the “Draw”) is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada.
1. The sponsor of this Draw is Medi-Quote Insurance Brokers Inc. (“Draw Sponsor”).
2. DRAW PERIOD: Starts every year approximately April 1st at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time and ends March 31st at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time (the “Draw Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Customers will be entered into the Draw if they mention during their quote that they were referred by their friends. The friends must be current contacts of Medi-Quote Insurance Brokers to be eligible. There is a limit of one entrant per family per quote. Contest entry is available to participants who fill out contest entry ballots provided in person at Medi-Quote Insurance Brokers locations or events, maximum one per person. All entries must be received by March 31st at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted with the entry. If no email address was submitted, then the physical address and phone number will be used. Authorized account holder is refers to the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
5. PRIZES: One Grand Prize – 2 airline tickets anywhere in continental North America where Air Canada flies. Approximate retail value: $1,500.00. Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Draw Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including without limitation a cash award. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and compliance with applicable laws.
6. DRAW DRAW(S): A random draw by a representative of the Draw Sponsor from all entries received will be made on April 1st, at 3 PM CST at 505 Pandora Avenue W., Winnipeg, Manitoba. The Grand Prize Draw will be made on April 15th at 3 PM CST at 505 Pandora Avenue W., Winnipeg, Manitoba. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received at the end of the Draw Period. No responsibility is assumed by the Draw Sponsor for any inability for a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason. The Draw Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries.
7. HOW TO WIN AND CLAIM A PRIZE: The potential winners will be
notified by phone, email or mail. To be declared a winner, the potential
winner drawn must have correctly answered the mathematical
skill-testing question to be administered upon contact by a
representative of the Draw Sponsor and, if required by the Draw Sponsor,
must sign a form of Declaration, Release and Waiver, and otherwise
comply with the official Draw rules. Each potential winner may be
required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s
license or other form of picture identification as part of the
verification process. If a potential winner cannot be located or does
not respond within seven (7) days of notification, the potential winner
may be disqualified and forfeit the prize and the Draw Sponsor may, at
its sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible
entrant whom the Draw Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to
contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same
manner. The Draw Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to
notify any potential winner.
Awarding of the prize is subject to verification and compliance with the official Draw rules. Allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for verification and prize fulfillment. No responsibility is assumed by the Draw Sponsor for any postal mail or overnight delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by Draw Sponsor for prizes after they have been shipped. Draw Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. Winner bears all risk of loss or damages to prizes after delivery. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Draw, each entrant accepts and agrees to these official Draw rules and all decisions of the Draw judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Draw Sponsor), which shall be final and legally binding on the entrant in all matters relating to this Draw including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. All entries become the property of the Draw Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive a prize, each potential entrant will be required, if required by the Draw Sponsor, to sign the Draw Sponsor’s form of Declaration, Release and Waiver which confirms compliance with these official Draw rules and releases the Draw Sponsor and its affiliated companies, agencies, Draw prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Draw Group”) from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Draw and the awarding and use of the prize. Each potential winner agrees to the use of his/her name, comments, photograph, and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to the Draw Sponsor any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Entrants who have not complied with the official Draw rules will be disqualified.
9. Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Draw, by the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage.
10. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Draw Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
11. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
12. ELIGIBILITY: Draw is open to residents of B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence, except employees, representatives and agents of the Draw Sponsor or its affiliates and if applicable, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, Draw judges, Draw prize suppliers, any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Draw, and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Draw, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Draw Group, i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Draw and/or the awarding or use of the prize, (ii) make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the prize, (iii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for any claims, demands, damages, actions or causes of action whatsoever including but not limited to injury or loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Draw.
14. The Draw Sponsor and its affiliates may, at their sole discretion and without liability, modify, suspend or terminate the Draw in whole or in part, without notice for any reason at any time including, without limitation, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Draw Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Draw or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Draw as contemplated by these official Draw rules. In the event of early termination of the Draw, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these official Draw rules.
15. The Draw Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Draw, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official rules, the announcement of winners, distribution of the prizes or technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, or failure of any email to be received by the Draw Sponsor or a participant for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. The Draw Sponsor is not responsible for damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Draw or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Draw.
16. The winner accepts the prize as described and acknowledge that its receipt by it shall fully discharge and release, the Draw Group from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions or causes of action whatsoever including but not limited to any claims arising from the nature of the prize, acts of God or unforeseen circumstances which the winner, its heirs, successors, executors, administrators or next of kin may now or hereafter have against them in respect of or relating to this Draw or to the winner’s acceptance of use of this prize.
17. The Draw Sponsor does not warrant that access to or use of the Draw will be uninterrupted or error-free.
18. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Draw Sponsor, its shareholders and their respective officers, directors and employees, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the service, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
19. This Draw is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
20. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official Draw rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Draw Sponsor in connection with the Draw, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Manitoba without regard to Manitoba conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Manitoba.
21. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Unless entrants otherwise indicate, the personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Draw will be used solely by the Draw Sponsor for the administration of the Draw and in connection with any publicity relating to the Draw.