If COVID coverage is selected, the following benefits will be included
- Upgraded maximum to $2 Million
- Up to CAD $2100 ($150 per day) for perishable goods (groceries, restaurant orders) delivered during your quarantine and hotel expenses
- Automatic Extension of the policy and rider, up to 72 hours following the end of the quarantine (subject to a maximum automatic extension of 17 days (14 days quarantine and 3 days to get home)
- These benefits do not apply while quarantined in a hospital (if applicable), nor in the event of a serologic test that provided a positive result to COVID-19 antibodies.
- Don’t need to return home within 10 days if a travel advisory is called while away.
- Reimbursement of these benefits will occur after return to your province of residence, upon presentation of proof of a positive diagnosis to COVID-19 and upon presentation of the required receipts and proofs of payment.
- These benefits are payable only once during the Policy Period.
- In the event of a trip extension, the insurer reserves the right to decline extension of the rider.
Amounts are in CAD unless otherwise indicated
|Deductible options available for savings:
- $0 deductible
- $250 (CAD) deductible saves around 10 %
- $500 (CAD) deductible saves around 15%
- $1,000 (CAD) deductible saves around 20%
- $5,000 (CAD) deductible saves around 35%
- $10,000 (CAD) deductible saves around 45%
- Multi Trip Annual Plan – 5, 15 and 35 and 60 days but availability may vary per age and medical information
- Single Trip Coverage
- Top-up Coverage
- Can top up other Multi-trip Annual plans
- Top-up rates based on total number of days away, including days already covered by Multi-Trip Annual Plan or Other Coverage. Rates based on age at booking.
- $10 minimum transaction fee.
- Up to and including age 89
|Changes Prior to Effected Date:
- Dates can be changed up until Effective Date
- Policies can be cancelled up until Effective Date
- No change or cancellation fees
|Refunds for Returning Early:
- Subject to no claims being made against your policy
- Refund amount minimum $10 per Policy
- Subject to $30 administration fee
- Must supply MQIB with Proof of Return
|Extensions after effective date:
- Subject answering no the 3 questions below
- Have you had any claims, or do you plan to submit a claim against your policy?
- Have you had any changes to your health or medication since departing?
- Have any Pre-Existing Medical Conditions NOT remained stable?
- Minimum amount of $10 per Policy
For a Full List of Benefits Click Here
- Up to $2 Million CAD
- COVID-19 Medical expenses up $200,000 CAD unless you select the upgrade
- If you select the COVID-19 Upgrade up to $2 Million for COVID-19 medical expenses
|Emergency Medical Coverage:
- For accidents, injury or sickness – coverage Includes ambulance transportation, hospital accommodation and care, diagnostic testing, physician and nursing services, surgery, medical supplies, equipment and medication
|Pre-Existing Medical Conditions:
- Covered if your condition meets the “stable and controlled” requirements of the plan you qualify under for all of those benefits
|Emergency Return Home:
- If your treating physician(s) insurance company’s medical advisor(s) recommends that you return home because/after of your emergency
|Repatriation of Remains:
- Up to $5,000 for the preparation an transport of remains to home province or territory or the Cremation or Burial of place of death
|Return of Companion:
- If you are returned via emergency return home or repatriation benefit, we will return your travel companion if they are insured under the same company
|Accidental Dental Coverage:
- $2,000 if you suffer an accidental blow to the mouth
- $350 if you require relief of dental pain
- Up to $500 for return of Cat and Dog.
- Up to $3,000 charged by a commercial agency to bring your vehicle home.
- Can return back to home province/territory without impacting coverage as no medical treatment is received
|Out of Pocket Expenses
- If an Emergency prevents you from returning as planned the insurance company will pay up $150 per day up to $1500 for extra meals, hotel, parking and taxi fares
- If you purchase the COVID-19 upgrade the maximum limit will increase to $2100 if you or your travelling companion test positive for COVID-19 and are required to quarantine in place for up to 14 days.
| Hospital Allowance:
- Up to $50 per day up to $500 for telephone, TV rental, and parking
| Automatic Extension:
- Up to 72 hours for Delay of Conveyance beyond your control
- If you are hospitalized
- Up to 72 hours if a Medical Emergency prevents you from returning on schedule
- All benefits must be pre-approved by the insurance company by calling the phone number provided on the confirmation of insurance/Wallet Card provided upon the purchase of the policy.
- In an emergency and prior to seeking medical assistance it is extremely important that you call the insurance company assistance centre phone number located on your wallet card before seeking treatment, or as soon as you are physically able.
The Policy Wording has a full explanation of the benefits available and the exclusions as they apply to all travelers.
We strongly recommend you take the time to read through it and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
The policy wording for this plan can be found under the policy documents section near the top of the page as well as the links below. We have linked each section to the specific page the the section starts on to make it easier for you.
- Eligibility – Starts on page 1- Click Here
- Types of Plans Offered – Starts on page 2 – Click Here
- Extensions – Starts on page 6 – Click Here
- Cancellation and Refunds – Starts on page 6 – Click Here
- Benefits – Starts on page 3 – Click Here
- Exclusions and Limitation – Starts on page 4 – Click Here
- Coordination with Other Insurance – Starts on page 6 – Click Here
- Claim information – Starts on page 8 – Click Here
- General Provisions – Starts on page 7 – Click Here
- Definitions – Starts on page 8 – Click Here
Any complaints that you may have can be directed to email@example.com. For any complaints that remain unresolved, please refer to the underwriter’s Complaint Handling Policy.
Underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
Premium in Canadian Dollars
Read your policy and know what you have purchased before you depart on your trip.
This page contains only a consolidated and summary description of all current benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions. A Policy Document containing the complete Policy Wording with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit.
Your Best Insurance Plan Starts with Medi-Quote
We’re insurance brokers, which means we’ll shop around on your behalf to find the right plan for your specific needs at the best possible price. We aren’t tied to specific products or motivated by sales incentives, so it’s your best interests we serve. We’re available to you anytime, if you have questions or need assistance making a claim.