||Overall $2,000,000 maximum.
- As an inbound student, when your home country is not Canada and you are temporarily residing in Canada
- As an outbound student, when your home country is Canada, and you are covered under a government health insurance plan while temporarily residing outside Canada
- As a national student, when your home country is Canada, and you are covered under a government health insurance plan while you are temporarily residing in another Canadian province or territory
||Provided you have not had any claims, your policy may be extended to a maximum of 365 days
||Offers coverage for clients up to 40 years of age.
||Single, Couple and Family Rates
|Changes Prior to Effected Date:
- Dates can be changed up until Effective Date
- Policies can be cancelled up until Effective Date
- No change or cancellation fees
|Refunds for Returning Early:
- Subject to no claims being made against your policy
- Available after a minimum policy amount of $50
- Must supply MQIB with Proof of Return and complete a refund request form
|Extensions after effective date:
- Subject answering no the 3 questions below
- Have you had any claims, or do you plan to submit a claim against your policy?
- Have you had any changes to your health or medication since departing?
- Have any Pre-Existing Medical Conditions NOT remained stable?
For a Full List of Benefits Click Here
|Emergency Medical Coverage:
||For accidents, injury or sickness – coverage Includes ambulance transportation, hospital accommodation and care, diagnostic testing, physician and nursing services, surgery, medical supplies, equipment and medication
|Pre-Existing Medical Conditions:
||Pre-existing conditions that have been stable in the three (3) months before your effective date.
|Emergency Return Home:
||If your treating physician(s) insurance company’s medical advisor(s) recommends that you return home because/after of your emergency
|Repatriation of Remains:
||Up to $25,000 for the preparation an transport of remains to home province or territory or for the Cremation or Burial of place of death
|Accidental Dental Coverage:
- $2,500 if you suffer an accidental blow to the mouth
- $100 if you require relief of dental pain
- $250 to removed impacted wisdom teeth
||Chiropodist, podiatrist, physiotherapist, chiropractor, or osteopath, up to$70 per visit to a maximum of $700 for a covered injury.
||Up to $150 for 1 exam
| Eye Examinations:
||1 exam per 12 month period
| Psychiatric Care :
||Up to $5,000 .
| Trauma Conselling :
||Up to 6 visits
| Trip Break :
||Allows trips up to 21 days back home without terminating coverage
|Tuition reimbursement :
||Reimbursement for the actual tuition fee paid by you up to $5,000 per semester, minus any amounts refunded by your school
- All benefits must be pre-approved by the insurance company by calling the phone number provided on the confirmation of insurance/Wallet Card provided upon the purchase of the policy.
- In an emergency and prior to seeking medical assistance it is extremely important that you call the insurance company assistance centre phone number located on your wallet card before seeking treatment, or as soon as you are physically able.
- The Policy Wording has a full explanation of the benefits available and the exclusions as they apply to all travelers.
- We strongly recommend you take the time to read through it and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- The policy wording for this plan can be found under the policy documents section near the top of the page as well as the links below. We have linked each section to the specific page the the section starts on to make it easier for you.
- Eligibility – Starts on page 3 – Click Here
- Beginning and End of Coverage – Starts on page 4 – Click Here
- Extensions – Starts on page 4 – Click Here
- Cancellation and Refunds – Starts on page 4 – Click Here
- Benefits – Starts on page 5 – Click Here
- Exclusions and Limitation – Starts on page 7 – Click Here
- Coordination with Other Insurance – Starts on page 8 – Click Here
- Claim information – Starts on page 8 – Click Here
- Statutory Conditions – Starts on page 9 – Click Here
- Definitions – Starts on page 9 – Click Here
- Privacy – Starts on page 11 – Click Here
Underwritten by Manulife Financial Travel Insurance
Premium in Canadian Dollars
Read your policy and know what you have purchased before you depart on your trip.
This page contains only a consolidated and summary description of all current benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions. A Policy Document containing the complete Policy Wording with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit.
Your Best Insurance Plan Starts with Medi-Quote
We’re insurance brokers, which means we’ll shop around on your behalf to find the right plan for your specific needs at the best possible price. We aren’t tied to specific products or motivated by sales incentives, so it’s your best interests we serve. We’re available to you anytime, if you have questions or need assistance making a claim.