|Deductible options available for savings:
- $250(CND)-Saves 10%
- $500(CND)-Saves 16%
- $1,000(CND)-Saves 21%
- $5,000(CND)-Saves 30%
- $10,000(CND)-Saves 39%
- $50,000(CND)-Saves 48%
- Multi Trip Annual Plan – 8, 15, 30, 60 and 125 days
- Single Trip Coverage
- Top-up rates based on total number of days away, including days already covered by Multi-Trip Annual Plan or Other Coverage. Rates based on age at booking.
- $10 minimum policy fee.
- Available for those Age 0-89
|Changes Prior to Effective Date:
- Dates can be changed up until Effective Date
- Policies can be cancelled up until Effective Date
- Cancellation fee prior to departure is $50 unless you or your travelling companion are unable to travel due to sickness or injury (a Physician’s statement is required)
|Refunds for Returning Early:
- Subject to no claims being made against your policy
- Subject to a $30 Administration Fee
- Refund amount minimum $10 per Policy
- Must supply MQIB with Proof of Return
- Proof must be submitted within 30 days of your policy expiry date
|Extensions after effective date:
- Subject answering no the 3 questions below
- Have you had any claims, or do you plan to submit a claim against your policy?
- Have you had any changes to your health or medication since departing?
- Have any Pre-Existing Medical Conditions NOT remained stable?
- Minimum amount of $10 per Policy
||Pre-Existing medical conditions are covered providing your condition has been stable and controlled for at least 0 days before departure with no changes to your health, medication or treatment.
|Under 55 Plus,Diamond, Emerald Plus & Platinum Plus
||Pre-Existing medical conditions are covered providing your condition has been stable and controlled for at least 30 days before departure with no changes to your health, medication or treatment.
|Emerald, Platinum, Under 55, Vacation, Gold Plus & Silver Plus
||Pre-Existing medical conditions are covered providing your condition has been stable and controlled for at least 90 days before departure with no changes to your health, medication or treatment.
||Pre-Existing medical conditions are covered providing your condition has been stable and controlled for at least 180 days before departure with no changes to your health, medication or treatment.
||Pre-Existing medical conditions are covered providing your condition has been stable and controlled for at least 365 days before departure with no changes to your health, medication or treatment.
||No Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions TREATED in the 365 Days prior to Departure
Please note: This insurance does not provide coverage for a recurrence of Cancer, Kidney Stones, Gallstones or Gout.
For a Full List of Benefits Click Here
|Emergency Medical Coverage:
- For accidents, injury or sickness – coverage Includes ambulance transportation, hospital accommodation and care, diagnostic testing, physician and nursing services, surgery, medical supplies, equipment and medication
|Pre-Existing Medical Conditions:
- Covered if your condition meets the “stable and controlled” requirements of the plan you qualify under for all of those benefits
|Emergency Return Home:
- If your treating physician(s) insurance company’s medical advisor(s) recommends that you return home because/after of your emergency
|Repatriation of Remains:
- $5,000 to have the remains returned if you should pass away while you are away.
|Return of Companion:
- If your are returned via emergency return home or repatriation benefit , we will return your travel companion if they are insured under the same company
|Accidental Dental Coverage:
- $2,000 if you suffer an accidental blow to the mouth
- $350 if you require relief of dental pain
- Up to $3,000 charged by a commercial agency to bring your vehicle home.
- Trip break available on single trips with prior approval to return home for special events
|Meals, Hotel and Taxi:
- If an Emergency prevents you from returning as planned the insurance company will pay up $150 per day up to $1500 for extra meals hotel and taxi fares
- Up to $50 per day up to $500 for Telephone, TV Rental and Parking
- Up to 72 hours for Delay of Conveyance beyond your control
- If you are hospitalized
- Up to 72 Hours after that Medical Emergency that prevents you from departing on schedule
- All benefits must be pre-approved by the insurance company by calling the phone number provided on the confirmation of insurance/Wallet Card provided upon the purchase of the policy.
- In an emergency and prior to seeking medical assistance it is extremely important that you call the insurance company assistance centre phone number located on your wallet card before seeking treatment, or as soon as you are physically able.
Plus Plan Benefits
- Reduces Pre-existing medical condition Stability
- Gold and Silver to 90 days
- Under 55 Emerald and Platinum to 30 days
- Diamond to 0 days
|Trip Break Upgrade:
- If you have to return home from your trip before your scheduled return date because of the following reasons:
- A trip home as a result of the sickness, hospitalization or death of a family member, key employee in Canada or your host at your trip destination.
- A trip home as a result of your Principle Residence or Place of Business in Canada rendered uninhabitable by natural disaster, fire or burglary.
- The insurer will reimburse up to $1,500 for a loss caused by a covered risk during the period of coverage, between the effective date and expiry date that necessitates the insured’s immediate return to their home province. This cost would be defined as the least expensive of:
- The fee charged to change an existing return trip ticket;
- One-way, economy transportation home.
The Policy Wording has a full explanation of the benefits available and the exclusions as they apply to all travelers.
We strongly recommend you take the time to read through it and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
The policy wording for this plan can be found under the policy documents section near the top of the page as well as the links below. We have linked each section to the specific page the the section starts on to make it easier for you.
- Eligibility – Starts on page 1- Click Here
- Types of Plans Offered – Starts on page 2 – Click Here
- Beginning and End of Coverage – Starts on page 2 – Click Here
- Extensions – Starts on page 7 – Click Here
- Cancellation and Refunds – Starts on page 7 – Click Here
- Benefits – Starts on page 3 – Click Here
- Exclusions and Limitation – Starts on page 4 – Click Here
- Coordination with Other Insurance – Starts on page 6 – Click Here
- Claim information – Starts on page 8 – Click Here
- Statutory Conditions – Starts on page 8 – Click Here
- Definitions – Starts on page 9 – Click Here
- Privacy – Starts on page 11 – Click Here
Any complaints that you may have can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any complaints that remain unresolved, please refer to the underwriter’s Complaint Handling Policy.
Underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
Premium in Canadian Dollars
Read your policy and know what you have purchased before you depart on your trip.
This page contains only a consolidated and summary description of all current benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions. A Policy Document containing the complete Policy Wording with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit.
Your Best Insurance Plan Starts with Medi-Quote
We’re insurance brokers, which means we’ll shop around on your behalf to find the right plan for your specific needs at the best possible price. We aren’t tied to specific products or motivated by sales incentives, so it’s in your best interests we serve. We’re available to you anytime if you have questions or need assistance making a claim.